Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ice

So I can't believe I forgot to include one of the funnest things we did this Christmas. Porter's work does Secret Santa's and our gift was tickets to see Ice. And what it is are these ice sculptures done by the Chinese and this year's theme was a Merry Madagascar. We get there and we didn't really know what to expect but they put us into a big room and show a movie clip from Merry Madagascar so we know the storyline to the sculptures. Then they lead us into a huge room/maze with these amazing ice sculptures. They keep the room at 9 degrees so they give you an extra parka to put on top of our winter coats and even then it was absolutely freezing, not only because it's 9 degrees but they've got these huge fans in the room blowing 9 degree air.









But simply amazing. Then at the end they have this big ice slide you can go down. The first time Harrison went down he really like it so we put him down again and it was a total 180. He hated it and he got stuck in the middle which really really made him mad.....that's the one we got on film. I felt like a mean parent, torturing my kid just so I can get a video. But I promise he liked it the first time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! You guys look great, and it looks like you're having a lot of fun. We miss you guys though!

Jessica said...

Hi Heidi!!! I'm so glad I found your blog! I haven't even talked to you in ages! You are gorgeous as always and your little Harrison is so so cute!! Hope all is going well out there!